July 28, 2018 - July 29, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Powered by CFS Defensive Focus Shooting Program is an Intuitive shooting program designed to help the student be more Efficient with a defensive handgun in the context of a worse case scenario ambush-style attack.
This course is one or two full days of intense training, teaching and practice. The course may cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Defensive Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident.
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
This defensive handgun training course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, rather its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst case scenario defensive shooting situation.
DFS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in the their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
Students will fire 4-500 rounds during a 1-day course or 900-1000 over a two day course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
No Prerequisites, but you should be somewhat comfortable with your handgun
Venue: Irondale Police Range