April 1, 2017 - April 2, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Defensive Carry 360 course is designed to educate the student in a broad range of concepts and skills with using a handgun for personal defense in the public environment when absolutely necessary.
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- One-handed Shooting
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
- Presentation from the Holster while Seated
- Use of Cover & Concealment
- Shooting from inside of Vehicle
- Tactics for Concealed Carry
- Dealing with Family Members
- Aftermath & Contacting the Police
- Low Light Tactics
- Public Environment Scenarios
Day two includes a force-on-force reality-based training component that will provide you with the opportunity to test your skills learned during the course. How well will you be able to apply those skills in a real life scenario involving role players and non-lethal paint marking cartridges in a realistic environment that required actual decision making that is hard to reproduce on a square range.
- Defensive handgun
- 3 magazines for double stack, 5 for single-stack guns
- Holster that does not collapse and allows for one-handed reholstering.
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Handheld flashlight that allows one-handed operation
- Long pants and a long sleeve shirt for the scenario session.
We will be using non-lethal training ammunition during the scenarios. The NLTA converted firearms, ammo and required personal protection equipment will be provided and is included in the price of the course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Although going through a Defensive Focus Handgun course first is recommended, it isn’t required.