- November 5, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Powered by CFS Defensive Focus Carbine Course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Defensive Focus Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Defensive Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol (2-day course)
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing (2-day course)
The DFC Program is physically challenging course with a lot of activity and high round count. This program is often offered as a one day add on to a Dynamic Focus® Shooting Course, but is also available as a two day stand alone course.
Students will fire around 600 rounds during a 1-day course or 1000 over a two day course and around 100 handgun rounds during the 2-day course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
No Prerequisites one 1-day, but you should be somewhat comfortable with your rifle. For the 2-day course, a student must have completed a defensive focus handgun course (or Defensive Carry 360).
Venue: NOLA Motorsports Park
Venue Website: https://nolamotor.comAddress:
The Nolatac Training center is a private range located on the grounds of Nola Motorsports Racetrack. You will need to sign a waiver at the front gate. Just tell them you are here for a firearms training course.
Go straight through the security gate then turn left at the traffic circle. Continue straight back, even after the road turns to gravel. The range is right past the shooting tower, on the other side of the shipping containers, that is on your right-hand side.
There is a cafe on site if you prefer not to bring a lunch.