May 27, 2017
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Event Phone: (775) 826- 2626
The Powered by CFS Defensive Focus Carbine Course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Defensive Focus Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Defensive Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol (2-day course)
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing (2-day course)
The DFC Program is physically challenging course with a lot of activity and high round count. This program is often offered as a one day add on to a Dynamic Focus® Shooting Course, but is also available as a two day stand alone course.
Students will fire around 600 rounds during a 1-day course or 1000 over a two day course and around 100 handgun rounds during the 2-day course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
No Prerequisites one 1-day, but you should be somewhat comfortable with your rifle. For the 2-day course, a student must have completed a defensive focus handgun course (or Defensive Carry 360).
Venue Phone: (775) 475-2991
The Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility is located at 21555 Pyramid Way, 22 miles north on Pyramid Highway. (775) 475-2991. The Public Range is open to the public Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday – no reservations required. All other ranges must be reserved for use. Please contact Parks Reservations at (775) 823-6501 for more information.
* Summer Hours are 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm (closed 12:00 to 12:30)
* Winter Hours are 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm (closed 12:00-12:30)
* The range will now be open on all holidays as part of ongoing efforts to get target shooters out of the hills and onto the range.