- May 6, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Introduction to Defensive Handguns Course is designed to educate the student about the handguns that are best for personal defense and how to use them efficiently in the context of a home defense scenario. This course is designed for those new to firearms who are interested in learning specifically about using a handgun for personal defense. No firearms experience necessary.
- Gun Safety
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Overview of defensive handgun types and which ones are best for personal defense
- Fundamental Home Defense Tactics
- Responsible Defensive Firearms Storage
- Dealing with Law Enforcement Response and calling 911
- “Home Defense” shooting situation
- Defensive handgun, loaners available on request
- 200 rounds of ammunition (100 for revolver shooters)
- Shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty
Venue: NOLA Motorsports Park
Venue Website: https://nolamotor.comAddress:
The Nolatac Training center is a private range located on the grounds of Nola Motorsports Racetrack. You will need to sign a waiver at the front gate. Just tell them you are here for a firearms training course.
Go straight through the security gate then turn left at the traffic circle. Continue straight back, even after the road turns to gravel. The range is right past the shooting tower, on the other side of the shipping containers, that is on your right-hand side.
There is a cafe on site if you prefer not to bring a lunch.