September 13, 2021
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Our Introduction to Defensive Handguns Course is designed to educate the student about the handguns that are best for personal defense inside the home, and how to use them efficiently in the context of a home defense scenario. This course is designed for those new to firearms who are interested in learning specifically about using a handgun for personal defense. No firearms experience necessary. This is a hybrid course with e-learning material that should be completed prior to the live-fire training session.
- Firearm Safety
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals
- Overview of Defensive Handgun Types and Which Ones are Best for Personal Defense (E-Learning)
- Fundamental Tactics for Home Defense (E-Learning)
- Responsible Defensive Firearms Staging and Storage (E-Learning)
- Communicating with 911 and Dealing with a Law Enforcement Response (E-Learning)
- “Home Defense” shooting situation
- Defensive handgun, loaners available on request
- 200 rounds of ammunition (100 for revolver shooters)
- Hearing and Eye Protection
If it has recently rained, expect to get your car and shoes to get dirty. This is an outdoor range that includes a concrete covered area to shoot from.
They have dogs, goats, and potholes, so please take it slow on the range road.
Some navigation systems may not show the correct route for the range. If you are coming from the Madisonville side of Hwy 22, you will be turning left (south) on Traino rd. This is located just past the Dollar General store after crossing the parish line (If you’re coming from the Ponchatoula side, then turn right on Edwards Rd, then turn right on Traino Rd.). Take a left on Traino Landing Rd (There may not be a street sign her but it will be your first blacktop road on the left), then the range will be on the right side about a 1/2 mile after the road makes a hard left turn. Look for a small wooden sign at the gate. Once in, follow the gravel road around to the parking area where it stops. If it has recently rained, expect to get your car and shoes dirty.
The location is shown correctly on this map –> https://goo.gl/maps/N3WPLySEqcs