December 3, 2022
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
We do cover shooting fundamentals in this course, but it is mandatory that you have some prior knowledge and shooting experience before signing up for our ICC course. This course is not a learn how to shoot course, it's more of a learn how not to shoot course. Louisiana does have a shooting qualification requirement, and it's this that mostly makes up the time at the range. Our Intro to Defensive Handguns course is a much better option for learning how to use firearms defensively as a new student. We also offer private training sessions that better prepare students for concealed carry. Please contact us if you’re interested in signing up for this course and a private training session at a discounted rate.
- Defensive handgun types, nomenclature
- Defensive firearms ammunition
- Holsters and holster presentation
- Should vs. Could
- Louisiana’s laws on using force
- Regulations surrounding the permit
- Alternative force options
- Storage and access prevention
- Defensive shooting fundamentals
- The importance of firearm cleaning
- Concealed carry considerations
- The aftermath of using a firearm in self-defense
Required gear for each shooter:
- Defensive Handgun with 2 mags for semi-autos
- 50 rounds of ammo
- Hearing and eye protection.
- The range gets dirty at times after rain, please bring shoes that you will not get upset if they get dirty.
- You may bring a lunch or pick up something from one of the fast-food type places nearby
If it has recently rained, expect to get your car and shoes to get dirty. This is an outdoor range that includes a concrete covered area to shoot from.
They have dogs, goats, and potholes, so please take it slow on the range road.
Some navigation systems may not show the correct route for the range. If you are coming from the Madisonville side of Hwy 22, you will be turning left (south) on Traino rd. This is located just past the Dollar General store after crossing the parish line (If you’re coming from the Ponchatoula side, then turn right on Edwards Rd, then turn right on Traino Rd.). Take a left on Traino Landing Rd (There may not be a street sign her but it will be your first blacktop road on the left), then the range will be on the right side about a 1/2 mile after the road makes a hard left turn. Look for a small wooden sign at the gate. Once in, follow the gravel road around to the parking area where it stops. If it has recently rained, expect to get your car and shoes dirty.
The location is shown correctly on this map –> https://goo.gl/maps/N3WPLySEqcs