- August 16, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We do cover shooting fundamentals in this course, but it is mandatory that you have some prior knowledge and shooting experience before signing up for our ICC course. This course is not a learn how to shoot course, it's more of a learn how not to shoot course. Louisiana does have a shooting qualification requirement, and it's this that mostly makes up the time at the range. Our Intro to Defensive Handguns course is a much better option for learning how to use firearms defensively as a new student. We also offer private training sessions that better prepare students for concealed carry. Please contact us if you’re interested in signing up for this course and a private training session at a discounted rate.
- Defensive handgun types, nomenclature
- Defensive firearms ammunition
- Holsters and holster presentation
- Should vs. Could
- Louisiana’s laws on using force
- Regulations surrounding the permit
- Alternative force options
- Storage and access prevention
- Defensive shooting fundamentals
- The importance of firearm cleaning
- Concealed carry considerations
- The aftermath of using a firearm in self-defense
Venue: Bearco's Virtual Classroom
– You must have a camera and microphone active at all times during class time in order to receive credit for this course. A tablet, laptop, or phone will all work, but a hardwired device can provide a more solid internet connection. If you do not have one, please reach out ASAP.
– To avoid cellular data usage, make sure you’re connected to your wireless or wired how network.
– Please do your best to stay in a private area away from other distractions, family members, or noises.
– Breaks will be provided, but you must refrain from stepping away from the class otherwise. If you need to step away, please send a private message to the instructor explaining the situation.
– Zoom has a test link set up so that you can test your connection and equipment prior to the course. Please use this if you’re not familiar with using Zoom. https://zoom.us/test . If your camera and audio are not both working, then you will not be able to get credit for the class time.