November 15, 2020
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course has a virtual component to it. We will conduct the classroom material through two-way video conferencing. You must have a camera and microphone active at all times during class in order to receive credit for this course. The range portion will be completed separately, including an opportunity on the evening of the scheduled date. We are also in the process of developing this into an e-learning format. If it is ready in time, you may be able to compete some or all of the required lessons on your own time leading up to the course. Thanks for the patience and understanding.
We do cover shooting fundamentals in this course, but it is mandatory that you have some prior knowledge and shooting experience before signing up for our ICC course. This course is not a learn how to shoot course, it's more of a learn how not to shoot course. Louisiana does have a shooting qualification requirement, and it's this that mostly makes up the time at the range. Our Intro to Defensive Handguns course is a much better option for learning how to use firearms defensively as a new student. We also offer private training sessions that better prepare students for concealed carry. Please contact us if you’re interested in signing up for this course and a private training session at a discounted rate.
- Defensive handgun types, nomenclature
- Defensive firearms ammunition
- Holsters and holster presentation
- Should vs. Could
- Louisiana’s laws on using force
- Regulations surrounding the permit
- Alternative force options
- Storage and access prevention
- Defensive shooting fundamentals
- The importance of firearm cleaning
- Concealed carry considerations
- The aftermath of using a firearm in self-defense
Required gear for each shooter:
- Defensive Handgun with 2 mags for semi-autos
- 50 rounds of ammo
- Hearing and eye protection.
- The range gets dirty at times after rain, please bring shoes that you will not get upset if they get dirty.
- You may bring a lunch or pick up something from one of the fast-food type places nearby
Venue: Bearco's Virtual Classroom