August 12, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The United States Concealed Carry Association’s (USCCA) Defensive Shooting Fundamentals (DSF) program was launched in 2018 through a collaboration with I.C.E. Training. The new program includes an eLearning component for the end-users to better prepare them for a day of training on the range. The DSF program is reality-based, and has evolved through empirical evidence of actual events and years of teaching. Lead instructor, Barret Kendrick, is a mater-level instructor and consultant for the DFS program.
Level 1 covers real-world defensive shooting fundamentals, the balance of speed and precision, stance and movement, high-compressed ready position, presentation from the holster, one-handed shooting, a home defense simulation, and several defensive shooting fundamental drills to help prepare your students.
Level 2 adds more information and concepts, more drills and a new simulation for concealed carry.
Some of the topics that are covered in the program:
- DSF Instructor eLearning
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Defensive Accuracy
- Lateral Movement
- Balancing Speed & Precision
- Emergency Reloads
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during Ambush-Style Attacks
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed Shooting (Both weak and strong hands)
- Malfunction Clearing
- 500 rounds ammo for L1, 400 for L2
- Rigid Holster
- 3+ Magazines
- Hearing and Eye Protection
- Note-taking materials
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security