The Powered by CFS Defensive Focus Carbine Course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Defensive Focus Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Defensive Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol (2-day course)
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing (2-day course)
The DFC Program is physically challenging course with a lot of activity and high round count. This program is often offered as a one day add on to a Dynamic Focus® Shooting Course, but is also available as a two day stand alone course.
Students will fire around 600 rounds during a 1-day course or 1000 over a two day course and around 100 handgun rounds during the 2-day course.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
No Prerequisites one 1-day, but you should be somewhat comfortable with your rifle. For the 2-day course, a student must have completed a defensive focus handgun course (or Defensive Carry 360).
1-day course $250
2-day course $350
|Defensive Focus Carbine - New Orleans||NOLA Motorsports Park||