Intro to Concealed Carry and Handgun Permit Certification Course
Bearco Training’s 10-hour Introduction to Concealed Carry and Permit Certification course gives you the certification needed to apply for a concealed handgun permit in Louisiana, a concealed weapon permit in Florida, or for the enhanced permit in Mississippi. If you are a resident of Louisiana, you need a LA CHP to conceal carry a handgun here. With a LA concealed carry permit, you are authorized to carry a handgun concealed in 38 states.
This permit also helps travelers going through states we have a reciprocity agreement with to have a loaded gun in the vehicle. It is against the law in some states (Like Alabama and Tennessee) to have a loaded gun in the vehicle without a permit.
We do cover shooting fundamentals in this course, but it is mandatory that you have prior knowledge and shooting experience before signing up for our ICC course. This course is not designed to start off students who have not shot before. Our Intro to Defensive Handguns course is a much better option for learning how to use firearms defensively as a new student. Please contact us if you’re interested in signing up for both courses at a reduced rate.
- Defensive handgun types, nomenclature
- Defensive firearms ammunition
- Holsters and holster presentation
- Should vs. Could
- Louisiana’s laws on using force
- Regulations surrounding the permit
- Alternative force options
- Storage and access prevention
- Defensive shooting fundamentals
- The importance of firearm cleaning
- Concealed carry considerations
- Aftermath of using a firearm in self-defense
Our location allows us to conveniently service Covington, Mandeville, Slidell, Hammond, Metairie, and the New Orleans areas.
- LA CHP Qualifications
- Louisiana CHP Application
- Louisiana CHP Online Application
- Louisiana CHP Rule Booklet
- Important Information
- What States Recognize my LA concealed handgun permit?
- Private Courses also available
Cost: $145. Price includes range fee.
There are other fees when applying for the permit with the state of Louisiana. Please see the LA State Police website for information on applicable fees.